wild mushrooms

Regulators ban Loomis caretaker who served deadly mushroom dish

  The caretaker who served gravy containing poisonous mushrooms that resulted in four deaths of residents at a Loomis elder care facility has been banned for life from all ca ...

Two dead, four sick after eating wild mushrooms at Loomis elder care home

 (AP) — Two residents of a Loomis assisted living facility have died and four others are hospitalized after eating soup with wild mushrooms, authorities said. Plac ...

Polenta dish is perfect showcase for porcini mushrooms

It’s porcini season and if you look really hard, you can find these tasty mushrooms — fresh — in local markets from now through the middle of July. While dried porcini are us ...