darrell jones

Family and pets escape Wednesday night blaze

A Loomis family is homeless after fire ripped through their Humphrey Road house Wednesday night, Aug. 17. The owners, Larry and Karen DuBois, were cooking dinner on the backyard pa ...

Aqua Vests help Loomis firefighters beat the heat

Hot summers make staying cool a priority, especially for emergency responders fighting fires in scorching heat. Last June, a fire gutted a Loomis home and sent three firefighters t ...

Don't spark a fire while preventing one

Doing the right thing the wrong way can have disastrous results, especially when clearing property to prevent wildfires. According to Chelsea Fox, spokesperson for Cal Fire, a res ...

Rear-ended SUV hits tree

No injuries were reported in a rear-end collision that occurred before noon today on Wells Avenue, between Barton and Laird roads. According to Placer Sheriff’s Deputy Bob Brodov ...

Heroes brave the inferno

A Loomis man is being called a hero after saving his neighbor and her dog from a fire that destroyed a home and caused two firefighters to be treated for heat exhaustion. “I didn ...