Thursday Aug 18 2011
Loomis home destroyed in fire
Family and pets escape Wednesday night blaze
By: Jon Brines, Loomis News Correspondent
A Loomis family is homeless after fire ripped through their Humphrey Road house Wednesday night, Aug. 17. The owners, Larry and Karen DuBois, were cooking dinner on the backyard patio barbecue at aproximately 6:30 p.m., when fire traveled from the barbecue to the back of the house, according to family. Three people were home at the time, including the couple’s son, Jordan. All escaped without injury, including the family's four pets. Penryn Fire was first on the scene with additional units from Loomis, Rocklin and Placer Fire. Fire crews were not able to stop the home from becoming a total loss. Loomis Fire Captain Darrell Jones said the official cause will be released in a few days, but at this time the initial indication is the fire was started by the gas barbecue.