19-year-old electrocuted in fair condition

Victims were attending party near Oxbow Power Station
-A +A
A 19-year-old man who was electrocuted by 60,000 volts of electricity after trespassing into the Oxbow Power Station Saturday remains in fair condition in the burn unit at UC Davis Medical Center, according to Phyllis Brown, senior public information representatative. He has been identified as William Daniels, of Foresthill, according to Dena Erwin, spokesperson for the Placer County Sheriff’s Office. A second victim, who was burned by a flash burn from the incident, has been identified as Adam Nicoles, 19, of Foresthill. Nicoles was not a patient at Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital or Sutter Roseville Medical Center as of Wednesday afternoon, according to Robin Montgomery, spokesperson for Sutter Health. Brown confirmed he was not a patient at UC Davis Medical Center either. Erwin said sheriff’s deputies arrived after the third victim was already gone and his identity is not known. She said witnesses say the men were attending a party and drinking beer in a parking lot when they decided to climb into the power station. “According to witnesses it was a bunch of friends hanging out below the powerhouse drinking beer with a small fire,” Erwin said. “These two guys decided to ‘explore’ and they headed for the power station and climbed over the fence.” ~Sara Seyydin